Hope you are enjoying this lovely weekend. The sun is shining here in Bolton, Ontario today! It sure is a nice break from the cold & snow. The temperature is only about 5 C but it's warm enough for the children to enjoy a bit of the outdoors with their friends.
I made this card for a class I taught a couple of weeks ago & I'm just now getting around to sharing with all of you.
I used Bouquet Birgitta & the Field Fence from CC Designs. It looks complicated to stamp but it's really not. I have included a little bit of guidance for creating this card, it's not a full set of instructions but hopefully it will help you out just a little bit.
- Stamp Birgitta on one piece of the 4” x 3 ¾” Xpress It cardstock.
- Create a mask for Birgitta
- Mask Birgitta and then stamp the fence
- You are now ready to start to colour
- Layer all hair with E31 first
- Add E49 with moderation to all areas you want to be very dark
- Add E29 to the edges of E49 overlapping E49 just slightly
- Add E25 to the balance of the areas, this will be your blending colour
- Start with E21 all around the edges that will be dark with shadow
- Add E00 slightly overlapping the E21, don’t go too far into the image
- Add E0000 to the edges of E00 & use this colour to blend
- Add R20 for her cheeks
Dress, Shoes & Leaves
- YG91, YG93, YG95
Wings, Ribbon & Socks
- BG10, BG11, BG13
Flower Centres beside the fence & Flower bouquet wrapping
- YG0000, YG01, YG03
Flowers in bouquet & beside the fence
- RV11, RV13, RV14
- E42, E43, E44
Sky & Grass
- Before using the Flower Soft use your ink blending tool to put in the sky starting with Bashful Blue and then Bordering Blue around the edges
- Use Certainly Celery for the grass again using your ink blending tool to put the colour on
- Place the PVA glue wherever you want the grass to be. For large areas I put some on the paper and spread it with my finger. You must work quickly as the glue will dry fast. Add Flower Soft liberally, press down and shake off excess. Return any unused Flower Soft to the container
- Use the Cream Pearl pen to create all your fake brads. Allow this to dry for a couple of hours before moving it around or placing in an envelope.
Misc. – Martha Stewart Edger Punch, Ultra Fine Sage Flower Soft, Cream Pearl Pen, PVA Flower Soft Blue, Crystal Stickles, Zutter Distress Tool, Ink Blending Tool
Ink Colours – Memento Black, Bashful Blue, Bordering Blue & Certainly Celery
- Celery Bazzil cut 6 x 12 for 6 x 6 card base
- 2 – 5 ¾” x 5 ¾” mats in cream cardstock
- 2 – 5 ¾” x 5 ¾” of 1 type of patterned paper, distress both pieces
- 2 – 4 ¾” x 3 ½” of 2nd type of co-coordinating patterned paper
- 2 – Punched edges in cream cardstock
- 4 ¼” x 4” mats in cream cardstock
Hope you enjoyed today's post, see you again soon!