Well I have been working on this card for a few days now..more because I make a few copies of the same card. I admit to struggling a bit with this image..for some reason I just couldn't rap my head around it. But I stuck it out and I'm pleased with the result. I will tell you about my struggles as we go through this posting.
I started to colour the purple first, using my Copic's. I know you should always start with the lighter colours but I never follow rules very well. Anyway I just couldn't get the colour to work, it just would not blend for me. So I thought I'm going to finish this image anyway and I will think of some way to fix it.
I continued on and the following two images were not too bad. Now I'm done colouring what am I going to do with this little mess on the dress? The first thing I thought of was to paper piece the dress, I had not ever done that before but there is always a first...I love first times for me, I know tons of people do this all the time. So I went and stamped three dresses and cut them out....so now I'm happy that my little girl isn't going to look like a streaky mess anymore. Now I'm considering embellies for my card...didn't have a ribbon to match and I really wanted to use this 1 1/2" thick ribbon out of my stash..had it for more than 5 years never used it once. Only problem was it was white & I didn't want to die it this time....so I got to thinking about the Faux Panel technique I taught a couple of weeks ago...and my little idea was born from there. What does the Faux Panel technique have to do with this you ask...well it uses a sticker maker or at least that what I use to do it.
I ran my ribbon through my little Xyron sticker maker so that I could flock it. I recommend that when you start to remove the ribbon from the paper that you go very slowly so the adhesive stays on the ribbon. This particular ribbon has wire in the edges so it wasn't too bad.
I poured the flocking on very generously and patted it down to make sure it stuck well. I just happened to have the purple on had that matched my cardstock and my Copic's quite well. Flocking really goes a long way, I poured everything back into the bottle when I was done. This is so simple but so cool...now my ribbon feels like fur...I'm lovin' how things are going so far..let's continue..
Since I did the ribbon I thought it would be very nice if the little dress matched and had that furry feel too.
So these are the dresses in progress...
This is a closer look at the flocked dress.
I air brushed the flowers with the matching green & also air brushed the pearls with the matching purple. All with my Copic's. The cardstock is Lovely Lilac by SU, patterned paper is misc. from the stash. I made the antena with wire & sprayed them a bit with the purple too...final touch was a bit of dazzling diamonds for sparkle.
Skin: E000, E00, E21 & R20
Hair: E25, Y21 & Y23
Wings & socks: BV00, BV04, BV02
Wings, pants & shoes: YG21, YG25 & YG23
This is the finished card...thought I was never going to get to the part!
Thanks so much for stoppin' by today...let me know what you think! Please be gentle this was my first attempt at a tutorial on line!